Thursday, October 28, 2010

A Visitor

I was delighted today that my friend Loretta drove to Livingston from Nacogdoches to visit. We walked around the area, and I got to show her all the facets of Escapees life here. There are actually four separate operations: Rainbow's End RV Park, the Escapees National Headquarters and Mail Service, the deeded lots in the Rainbow's End neighborhood, and the CARE Center. It was great to spend time with my friend--and of course I completely forgot to take any photos. We were lucky that the weather has definitely cooled, making walking around here much more pleasant than it was yesterday.

We stopped by a table in front of one residence with the remnants of their garage sale on it. A sign indicated everything was half price and money could be deposited in an honor system can. We each found a couple of small things. Always fun to find a bargain, especially if it's something really useful. I got a "Plug Dog"--a handle to help pull a 30 amp plug out of the socket. Now I want one for our 50 amp plug too.

Ken and I started our morning early again. He had a driving assignment at 7:40 a.m. I stayed for the 8:00 a.m. volunteer meeting (our last). Tonight we went on duty at 5:00 p.m. for our last stint on call. When I went to move the aprons from the washer to the dryer, this is what I found:


Volunteers are cautioned to loop the apron strings and tie them together to prevent this kind of tangle. Amazing how many come untied in the washer!

Off to bed--we have the alarm set for early again tomorrow--for the last time. We're hoping no personal emergency devices go off in the night.

0 comments: