Saturday, October 2, 2010

Cooking at Cafe CARE

Today we had kitchen duty for the noon meal, so we had to be at work by 8:30 a.m. The weekend and evening cook is still on vacation, so guess what? We got to cook dinner for 35. The menu was pork loin, but we had to figure out how to cook it and what side dishes to serve. Fortunately, we had the help of one of the more experienced volunteers.

I found an interesting recipe on the web for roast pork loin with a spiced cranberry sauce. Everyone was happy with the meal, and after four hours on our feet, we got to eat before cleaning up the kitchen.

Shirley and Al Coleman in the foreground: Shirley was our advisor/helper in the kitchen.
We had no driving assignments this afternoon, so we took advantage of the break to get our laundry done.

We managed to TIVO the Michigan-Indiana game today, so Ken is kicked back now, hoping to see them win. I think I'm still behind on my sleep--I'm yawning.

0 comments: