Sunday, June 8, 2014

Broken Record

A broken record is what I'm beginning to feel like. Today was another very hot day, so we stayed inside in the air conditioning all day. We did a few chores, like cleaning the oven and oiling more wood.

And we spent a little time looking at our photos from summer 2011 and culling a few of them.  We enjoy looking at our older photos. They remind us of past adventures. It's also good to delete at least some of the duplicate or uninteresting or poorer quality ones. But the main reason we spent time today culling photos is that our Internet connection is so slow and unreliable that it's very frustrating trying to do anything online.

I talked with Ed and Julie and the kids briefly today. They were in the car, heading back home from their visits to Julie's parents and sister and family. It sounded like everyone had fun. Julie had posted lots of photos of their visits to Cumberland Island and Fort Myers beach, so I knew they were having a great vacation.

Tonight we watched the final episode of Cosmos. I'm sad to see it end. I've always enjoyed science popularizations. They remind me of watching Mr. Wizard when I was a kid and seeing movies like "Our Mister Sun" in elementary school. I'm definitely a fan of Neil deGrasse Tyson.

0 comments: