Friday, December 7, 2012

Resaca Vieja

We walked over to the park today and hiked the Resaca Vieja Trail. Workers have been cutting down dead trees and clearing some of the tangle of dead wood caused by the flood a couple of years ago. We were able to walk all the way to the observation platform. A tree emerging from the platform used to provide some shade, but it died and has been cut down.

I stopped by the holiday bazaar at Retama Village today. Didn't find anything I couldn't live without. There weren't many vendors.

I finally got it together to get a hair cut. After eleven weeks it was looking pretty shaggy. While I was out I went to Sprouts and also looked for a couple of thrift stores, but didn't find either one, so I settled for stopping at Target to pick up a few things.


Tonight we watched a NOVA program about the stone statues on Easter Island. It's amazing what people can do, both good and not so good. It seems likely that the islanders contributed to the deforestation of their island by slash and burn agriculture and by catching and eating all the shore birds that used to provide guano to the palm forest.

0 comments: