Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas, Friends!

Today was warm and sunny, a lovely Christmas day. We celebrated with friends at Bob and Pat's house and had a great dinner and a wonderful time. After dinner we watched a Netflix movie, The Christmas Bunny. Then some of us went for a walk. When we returned, we ate some more. Yum!

We also got to see some of Bob and Pat's photos from their wonderful trip to Amsterdam this spring. They spent a week on a bike and barge cruise and then a week in Amsterdam on their own.





This evening I Skyped with Terri. It still impresses me that I can see my daughter in Tokyo and talk with her--all for free! My Christmas cards haven't gotten there yet--the APO mail is slow--but warm Christmas greetings across the miles. Kelley called from Arlington, where there's snow and ice, brrr. Anara called from Portland. She said they had a good trip to the coast for Christmas. She's got a D&D camp at Guardian Games this week.

Uncle Jesse called this morning to wish us a merry Christmas. He had more surgery last week to remove a skin malignancy from his neck but says he is doing well now. Essie Lee is feeling poorly with dizzy spells. I talked with Beth and Aunt Iris as they were on their way out the door to go to Michael's for dinner. Iris is having severe back pain that has laid her low. Beth says no more surgery for her.


It's good to have Facebook to see photos and keep up with friends and family, especially at Christmas.

I have a headache right now. My cellphone was plugged in by the bed in our dark bedroom, and when I ran to answer Kelley's call I slammed the top of my head on the end of the bedroom slide--ouch! Got to be more careful.

0 comments: