Saturday, December 15, 2012

Garage Sale Fun

I don't often get out to garage sale, but this morning was Aladdin Villa's neighborhood wide sale, so I got up early and ventured out. Most of what I saw was stuff I could easily live without, but I did find a few treasures. My favorite was a brand new unopened Oregon Scientific atomic travel alarm clock. I've been looking for a better small flat battery powered alarm for my bedside. Another fun find was U-pick grapefruit and oranges.

This evening we went over to Retama Village for the annual Christmas reception. We shared punch and cookies and chatted with our neighbors. We saw Ron and Barb Bergquist, whom we had met at Sedalia in the vendor area (they distribute waterless car wash products). Of course we also visited with Stuart and Lynn.


We walked along both Old Military and the new Military Highway and through Retama, where we met Lynn and Stuart out with Robby and Abby. We found ourselves battling an invasion of large winged ants. They especially liked Ken's shirt.

0 comments: