Monday, December 10, 2012

Almost Margaritas

We woke up this morning to high and gusty winds. The effect inside was quite a racket, since all the slide toppers were flapping in the wind. We decided to get our exercise indoors at the exercise room. We noticed a couple of new machines, including a shiny new treadmill, which I used. It had a great place to prop a book or something to read (I was reading on my phone, but next time I'll take the iPad).

We danced this afternoon to Darryl. We had 23 couples--almost six squares, but that meant three couples had to sit out each tip. Bummer. Darryl workshopped lots of concentric calls. We all definitely need the practice.

Afterwards our gang decided to go to Las Margaritas for dinner. We've been hearing good things about the restaurant, so we decided to go, even though it was only 4:00 p.m. and rather early for us for dinner. When we were almost at the restaurant, we got a call from Jan and Steve. The restaurant was closed, so they were going to Diaz Diner. We decided to pass. So . . . almost Margaritas!


Tonight I tried to call Aunt Iris, but had to leave her a message again. I'd probably be getting worried about now, but I'm sure if there were any problems, Beth would let us know. I did talk to Carol. Dick is scheduled for outpatient hernia repair surgery on Friday.

Tonight we are watching another episode of Season 2 of Downton Abbey, one we've seen before but still enjoy. I just finished reading Hercule Poirot's Christmas. I've read all of Agatha Christie's mysteries, of course, but I enjoy re-reading them. I did remember something about the method--but not whodunit!

0 comments: