Saturday, January 11, 2014

Darryl C-2 Lessons Begin

We headed north this morning, to La Hacienda, for our first C-2 lesson with Darryl. We had three squares dancing, including some angel couples. We started at 10:00 a.m. and went until a lunch break at 11:30 a.m. Then we danced from noon to 1:30 p.m. That gave us three hours of lessons.

When we started out we didn't have even numbers, so Darryl had us in two-couple sets to learn the first call on the list: Catch. That was number one of 72. We were introduced to the first six today--only 66 to go!

After the lesson we went to the Verizon store. I was ready to demand that they take back my defective iPhone. Nothing I did would increase the in call volume.  I googled the problem and found that other users were complaining of the same thing. I tried a couple of the solutions offered, but no joy.

Imagine my embarrassment when the nice Verizon employee pointed to the protective plastic cover on the screen, which I had left on pending the arrival of the screen protectors I had ordered. The thick plastic covered the earpiece. As soon as it was removed, suddenly I had all the volume I needed. I was feeling embarrassed, but also very relieved that my phone was okay.

Ed and Julie are moving this weekend, but the weather hasn't been cooperating. It's been raining heavily in Atlanta the last couple of days. They're hoping to get the big stuff moved tomorrow.

0 comments: