Friday, March 25, 2011

Lemoncello

Today was a pretty quiet day. I went for a walk this morning and found myself freezing. It turned out that it was 35 degrees, and according to Weather.com, "feels like 29"--brrr! Afterward Terri and I went shopping. We stopped at Target, where Terri picked up a few things. I got a digital probe oven thermometer like one that Terri has. Hers worked really well on the chicken we baked yesterday.

Then we stopped at a couple of grocery stores. One had the La Brea Bakery bread that Ken and I like, although not the specific kind we usually get. We also stopped at the Hudson Trail Outfitters, where I finally found a pair of hiking pants I've been looking for for two years.

Tonight we went to Lemoncello for dinner. I had gotten Terri a gift certificate there for her birthday, and somehow it just hadn't worked out for her to redeem it. The food was delicious, especially the tiramisu. Molly and I shared a linguine with pesto and chicken that was also very tasty.

I have been emailing with my cousins in North Carolina to find a place to stay when we visit there in September. Shirley sent me the phone number to call for Paul's RV Park and Boat Ramp. Paul is my cousin, and I talked to Johnny, his son, who actually remembered me from our 2004 visit--amazing! So now we have a reservation for our stay there. [Note: not quite as amazing as I thought--Shirley called him in advance to let him know I'd be calling....but still nice of him to be so friendly!]

Molly and I walked around the neighborhood tonight. Fortunately it was 44 degrees instead of 35--much better. Terri had told us we had 30 minutes to walk--we got back in 32 minutes and counted ourselves on time.

I started to watch a travel segment on Singapore with Terri, but I kept falling asleep, so we'll have to start it over from the beginning. I ended up taking a nap while Terri picked up Molly from school and she had her acrylic nails filled.

0 comments: