Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Home Again

Did I mention how much I hate air travel? and traffic congestion? Today was a double whammy. First Terri and I got stuck in a massive traffic slowdown on the George Washington Parkway on the way to Reagan National. It was beginning to look like I was going to miss my flight. I felt bad that Terri had to go through the stress and hassle of driving in that congestion too. The traffic finally opened up a bit, and we made it in time. I had planned to arrive at 10:30 a.m. for my 11:45 flight (75 minutes before, just as the Delta site suggested). I ended up getting there after 11:00, but the security lines were short, and I made it to the gate with no problem.

However, my online itinerary said that a change had made it likely that I would miss my connection in Memphis! I had only 32 minutes to make the flight from Memphis to McAllen to start with. The flight from DCA arrived a bit late, and I sprinted from Gate B33 to Gate B5, only to find that my flight was delayed for airplane maintenance. At least I had made the connection, and it turned out that the flight was delayed only about half an hour. The bottom line was that I made it home safely, in one piece. I was very glad to see Ken at the end of my long stressful trip.

When I stepped out of the terminal, it was clear that I was back in South Texas, with temperatures in the high 80s and humidity to match. When I started to unpack and put my clothes away, I was very aware that my closet space is extremely limited, especially compared to Terri and Blake's large home with walk in closets!

0 comments: