Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bethesda

I woke up this morning in Bethesda, on EDT--at least, that's what my Droid said. My brain is still on Central time and not quite sure what happened to that hour that disappeared, just when I had managed to adapt to Daylight Saving Time. Also, I've moved from summer to winter, or at least very early spring. Fortunately, Terri had a nice down vest she was donating to Goodwill, so I'm using that under my jacket. It helps a lot!

I didn't see Molly until this afternoon, because she of course was up and off to school before I opened my eyes this morning. It was so nice to see her again. She's so full of life, thoughtful, and talkative. She brightens the day.

Terri and Molly and I watched an episode of Alton Brown's Good Eats devoted to Eggs Benedict. They are anxious to try it out--even making the English muffins from scratch. Molly likes to bake bread type things. I was very impressed by the technique for poaching the eggs and holding them ready. I've never had much luck poaching eggs in water (as opposed to in an egg poacher).

I took my usual walks around the neighborhood today. For my first walk I was alone and glad to have my GPS to guide me. Terri and Molly walked with me this evening. I was struck by the hills, since I've been in flat country for some time now. They pointed out their favorite houses. We saw lots of flowering trees and forsythia in bloom and talked with dog owners out walking their dogs. One was a poodle mix from a dog rescue outfit in DC, really cute and friendly. Molly and Kelley would love to have a dog, but since they're renting, they're not allowed to have pets. Molly suggested they could take their goldfish for a walk.

Terri and I went to Trader Joe's. I love that store, but of course I couldn't buy all the things I'd like to have at home. No way they'd fit in the suitcase.

I talked to Ken, who sounded good. He listened to music and a Prairie Home Companion News from Lake Woebegone podcast during his walk. Of course it's warm and sunny in Mission.

0 comments: