Wednesday, March 23, 2011

I Hate Flying!

Today was an ordinary getting ready to fly day--hurry, hurry...wait. I ran around getting things ready to go, ate lunch like a starving orphan, and headed to the airport, kissed Ken goodbye, and then found out that my flight was delayed. The friendly airline employees assured me that I could still make my connection in Memphis if I ran to the gate. I made my way through security (shoes off, and my first full body scanner), but after waiting at the gate for a while, I got up to check on my flight.

Now it was delayed an hour, and that's exactly how long my layover in Memphis was supposed to be. Oh oh. I headed back to the Delta ticket counter and asked what now. A friendly employee rebooked me on American, but now I was scheduled to land at Reagan at 1:10 a.m., hardly an hour that Terri would want to be out and about. But of course she agreed to pick me up. Aren't cell phones great? I called Ken and commiserated with him for a while.

It was in the 80s with the sun shining when I left Mission. DC is reverting to winter weather, but the important thing is arriving safely and seeing the people I love.

I sent Ken an email to let him know that I arrived safely--it was too late to call. Missing him...

0 comments: