Monday, November 8, 2010

Dentist Visit

 Well, I thought I had an appointment this morning for additional views to follow up on my mammogram. When I got to the hospital, the person checking me in very nicely informed me that my appointment is actually for Friday. They couldn't do the additional views today because the radiologist isn't there.

We did have dental appointments this afternoon for our overdue cleanings. We chose Dr. Michael Colangelo's office in Grapevine because he is in the Cigna network and got good reviews online. The experience lived up to the glowing reports. Nice office, friendly people, and a great hygienist named Debbie.

Afterward we went to Ed and Julie's. Julie had gone to pick Cate up at school. She stays late on Mondays for a science program. Cate had homework to do--with a little direction from Mom.



Meanwhile I got to play with Jesse. He's been feeling out of sorts, probably from a combination of teething issues and adjusting to the time change. I got the job of keeping him happy while Julie helped with the homework. The most successful tactic for pacifying a fussy Jesse was giving him Baby Mums, his favorite treat. He really likes crunching them with his new teeth.




In the evening, we sat down with Ed to play Rummikub, which he said he hadn't played for years, if ever. We gave him strategy tips. Evidently we did a great job, because he wiped the floor with us! After two rounds with very small scores (Ken won the first and Ed the second), Ed caught both of us with hands so full of points we didn't bother to count.

Another first for me: I got to fix fingerling and purple potatoes.The resulting mashed potatoes had an unusual tinge, but tasted fine.

0 comments: