Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Costco and Kelley

Julie and Jesse and I went to Costco this morning, leaving Grandpa Ken home with Sam to have fun. Cate was at school. I stocked up on some things that are hard to find in south Texas. Julie actually got out of Costco for under $100. Needless to say, I didn't.

Kelley came over to visit after her classes. She brought along the fixings for an apple tart. As soon as the kids heard that Kelley had arrived, Sam said he wanted Kelley to take them to the park. Kelley and Cate and Sam and I walked over to the nearby playground, giving the kids a chance to run off some energy and Kelley and me a chance to chat.


For dinner, Julie fixed spaghetti with a very unusual sauce:  Dave's Gourmet Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce.
Ken made the salad, of course, and I made some turkey meatballs and heated up some whole wheat French bread. Everything was yummy. Kelley's delicious apple tart with ice cream topped off a great dinner.


Kelley even agreed to play a round of Rummikub, which Ken won. Kelley said she'd come back this weekend 8-)
Tomorrow we'll stay home and try to catch up with some of our to-do list and chill.

0 comments: