Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day With Carol

I spent most of the day today just hanging out with Carol. Ken stayed home to work on his photos and chill. I got over to Carol's around noon and got to test her new muffin recipe with cranberries. We managed to find spots for some pieces of the chicken puzzle she's working on. Each chicken has some unique and humorous feature, so I couldn't help chuckling as I hunted for pieces.


Dick commented that it has been ten years since they moved from Nacogdoches to Tyler, which brought to mind that it's been fifteen years since I left Nacogdoches to go to school in L.A., never guessing by what circuitous paths my journey would bring me back to Texas.

Carol made Noodles with Lime Peanut Sauce for dinner. The recipe was adapted from a blog, Eats Well With Others, so of course I looked it up. It's one I'll definitely make. Today I got to help by putting the sauce ingredients together and blending them with the immersion blender I got Carol for her 70th birthday. It worked well, and the final dish was delicious and amazingly quick and easy.




Carol went to the doctor yesterday to see about her knee and related problems. She was happy to hear that it was okay for her to continue going to aerobics and that she wasn't making it worse.

She took a Bonine this morning to see how it affected her. The verdict: it made her very tired and groggy, despite extra caffeine. She'll have to find some other way to deal with possible nausea and dizziness, particularly on her trip to Atlanta.

0 comments: