Saturday, September 25, 2010

Garage Sales and Blues Brothers

This morning Carol and I got to have some fun going to garage sales together. It's always interesting to see what finds are out there. There weren't very many sales, but both of us got some good bargains and had a good time looking.

Ken came over a little after 10:00 bringing laundry to do. Mostly we just hung around and talked. In the afternoon Carol and I did some grocery shopping and looking at swing sets.

After dinner tonight we watched one of my "finds"--a DVD of the original Blues Brothers movie. I hadn't seen it in many years, and the others had never seen it. A lot of the special effects are a bit dated (the movie came out in 1980), but the movie was still very funny (although some scenes run a bit long). I really enjoyed the original blues music, including performances by Ray Charles, Cab Calloway, and Aretha Franklin.

One of the things I bought at the garage sales this morning was a gold comforter set. It was the closest to a matching color of anything we've seen--but it just didn't look right. We've decided to stick with our white comforter and give up the search for another one.

0 comments: