Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Home Finally

I had a rough night, sleeping on a cot in the terminal. I was rudely awakened at 6:30 a.m. by an AA phone call telling me my flight had been delayed (again) and was now leaving at 9:00 a.m. I had breakfast at McDonalds (not many choices in the terminal) and took my morning walk (with extra exercise from carrying or dragging all my luggage).

When we finally boarded the airplane that would take us to McAllen, we had another delay waiting for our pilots to arrive. I was very glad to see Ken when he picked me up, but very stressed and miserable after the ordeal.

On a brighter note, the new saute pan I ordered had arrived. I unpacked and we went for our evening walk. I managed to burn the corn muffins for dinner, but we enjoyed them anyhow. We watched a Masterpiece Classic episode of Mr. Selfridge, and then it was off for some very welcome rest.

0 comments: