Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Yard Sale

Our park had a yard sale today. Ken and I looked through everything--surely there was something we needed. I finally found a really small travel hair dryer, something I will enjoy using both when I travel and when (as happens occasionally) I take a shower in a campground shower house. That cost me a whole dollar. Then I found some Eucalyptus Spearmint Aromatherapy Body Lotion from Bath & Body Works (original price $13.00--my price, 50 cents: score!). I guess someone didn't care for the aroma.

We spent some more time today looking at possibilities for excursions on our Alaska cruise, but our internet connection was frustratingly slow and unreliable. We have some good ideas about Juneau and Victoria, so the remaining issues are what to do in Skagway and Ketchican.

This afternoon I finally decided to use my Gelish Basix Kit. My main objective is to help my nails to quit disintegrating. They've been peeling back past the quick. Judy P. suggested that I try Gelish, which she has been using. Her nails look very strong and even, and I'm hoping for the same. It's very uncomfortable to have my nails disintegrating and catching on everything. The Gelish kit and the UV curing lamp were not cheap, even on Amazon, but it will all be worth it if my nails improve.

0 comments: