Saturday, April 3, 2010

On our walk this morning, we dressed warmly. The air was a bit nippy at 59 degrees, but it will be 80 later. We walked along the lake, which was calm except for the activity of people fishing. We saw a goose bathing in the shallows, which was quite a sight. It repeatedly dipped its head in the water and flung water back along its neck and body, then preened. Finally it stretched out its wings and shook off the excess water, apparently satisfied with its bath.

We went over to Ed and Julie's after lunch. When we got there, Julie was just leaving with Jesse to have lunch with a friend. Terri and the girls had gone to some resale shops. Ed was getting Sam to sleep for his nap, and Cate was playing quietly on the computer, so we went in quietly and waited for folks to return.

Ed has developed pink eye, joining Cate and Sam. All of us are trying to avoid catching it, so the hand sanitizer is seeing lots of use.

After supper we decorated Easter eggs. Sam was partial to blue and Cate to purple and multicolor dyes. Ed made some nifty egg dippers from coat hangers, puncturing a finger in the process--ouch! We had lots of fun.

Kelley got on the Wii balance board and showed us all how it's done. She's had some practice in the past, and of course she had young muscles and reaction times. I've been practicing the soccer heading balance game, basically showing off my ineptness. Kelley got practically every ball. Now her high score will be sitting there reminding me--except that the list shows Cate as the super soccer player, since Kelley hadn't created a Mii yet.

I've been having ongoing problems getting to the Internet, despite Network and Sharing Center indicating that I'm online and have Internet access. This morning I had to reboot twice, reset the modem, and repair the network connection before I got back online. Then I tidied up the list of networks. I'm hoping it will stay fixed for a while.

Tonight Ken finally administered the coup de grace, beating me 1,005 to 587 at Rummikub. We'll move on to a Boggle tournament next and see if I can salvage any respect.

0 comments: