Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Exploration

We finally got around to checking out another campground on the same lake (Lake Lewisville)--Pilot Knoll. It's definitely more out in the country. Lake Park is right in town, with ballfields and soccer fields and golf courses surrounding it. The campground at Pilot Knoll is arranged on a point of land, with most of the sites along the lake and well angled to provide great views. The attendant at the gate warned us that it is very popular on the weekends and that we should make our reservations early.

After lunch we went shopping at Bass Pro Shops and Costco. I found a Columbia shirt like my favorite that I got at an outlet store in New Hampshire last year, so now I have a blue one as well as a yellow one.

I played Wii with Cate and Sam this evening. They really like the balance games, even though the level is too difficult for them (hey, it's too difficult for me, too!). Then we played Sorry. Sam and I won by a hair--Cate was almost home with her last piece. I got to hold Jesse and rock him to sleep and even change him. He's just on the verge of laughing out loud--very sociable.

Annie called to ask if I would sponsor her for a fund raising run for her school. The program is called Making Arts Count (MAC). It was really nice to hear her voice. Chris IM'd me to send a link to a really nice farmers' market in Portland. Sounds like the kind of place I'd like to visit the next time we're in Oregon.

0 comments: