Thursday, March 21, 2013

Ticket Line

I got up very early this morning because I wanted to be at the Wingate Hotel by 7:00 a.m. to get in line to upgrade our Community Concert tickets. When I arrived just before 7:00 a.m., I signed in as #19 and went to sit in line. Yes, Winter Texans are smart--they don't stand in line if they can help it. We were in a meeting room, and there was coffee at the back of the room. Around 7:30 a.m., a volunteer (Mary Jane) arrived to hand out numbers, and of course I got #19. At that point we were free to go until we reassembled at 8:45 a.m.

I took advantage of the waiting time to get some exercise walking around the area, which is by La Plaza Mall and the McAllen airport. Pat arrived just before the official 9:00 a.m. start, to offer available tickets to us in number order. She said that 146 tickets were available, but some were in handicapped seating and some were single seats. Luckily when my number was called, some good seats were still available, so we are now the proud holders of aisle seats P13-14 in the center section.

This evening I rode with Hardy and Judy again to Darryl's dance. We had five squares, and several couples were talking about their plans to leave the Valley shortly.

Meanwhile, in Vegas, Ken took Jeff out for his birthday dinner to an exotic restaurant, the Marrakech Morrocan Restaurant. They enjoyed a lavish six-course meal--and lovely belly dancers.




We got an email from Jan and Steve. They'll be coming back to town tomorrow to pick up some mail. We're hoping to get together with them Saturday.

0 comments: