Monday, August 15, 2011

Sunshine and Shopping

We had a quiet non-sightseeing day today. The highlight for me was a trip to a *double* thrift store--that's two thrift stores in one building. Mondays are 25% off customer appreciation days, too. I had fun hunting and picked up a few bargains (including Ann Taylor capris and Liz Claiborne embroidered jeans--woo-hoo!).

I also happened on a fruit and veggie market where I got some delicious heirloom tomatoes. That's what I call a successful shopping trip.

It sprinkled a few times, but today was mainly sunny. We discovered a koi pond with a waterfall. Of course we've walked past it several times now without noticing. You'll have to imagine the fish, since they don't show up in the photo. The two white rock type things are giant concrete turtles.


We watched the rest of a Masterpiece Mystery tonight, featuring Aurelio Zen. The Italian detective is growing on us.

0 comments: