Thursday, August 4, 2011

Last Day

Today was our last day here. I always have mixed feelings at this point: I'll miss the friends we've made here and the peace and quiet, but I'm looking forward to new adventures and to seeing family we haven't seen for a while. In the case of one member, this will be our introduction. Stephanie and Todd's daughter, Aria, just turned one year old, and I'm excited to meet her.

We played some final games of pool. Ken won two. Fortunately he was gracious enough to lose one, so I wasn't completely skunked. However, when we played Upwords tonight, he gave no quarter, eeking out another win! This time I thought I had a good chance of winning, but the end game was brutal. I ended up with seven consonants in a tight board.

We did our laundry this morning, so we'll be starting out with clean clothes. We checked the tire pressures, and Ken topped them off. The one outer dually was a real bear.

We got all the outside stuff packed up, ready to go, and we're hoping for an early start tomorrow morning, because we have a long day of driving ahead of us.

0 comments: