Thursday, December 9, 2010

Quiet Day

The weather was lovely today, so our walks were pleasant. This morningwe walked out to the state park entrance, where a large crane is putting a temporary bridge across the irrigation canal to prepare for construction. We don't know what construction is planned, so it will be interesting to watch the progress.

I met one of our new neighbors, Ann Easter. She told me she had been really surprised when Mary Ann didn't come to greet her yesterday. Then of course she noticed the Texas plates on the truck. The dog's name is Sophie. Her husband's name is Ron. They are fellow Escapees, so she gave me a hug.

We ordered a new canister and filters for our water supply, so now we'll have a two-canister system. The first canister will continue to have a sediment filter, and the second one will have a carbon filter rated to remove cysts. We have been using a pitcher and then a faucet filter, but neither one was very convenient.

This afternoon I went shopping and left Ken home working on his photos. I got some Bulgarian yogurt--something I'd never heard of. Should be interesting to try.

0 comments: