Thursday, December 16, 2010

More C-1 with Darryl

This morning we successfully installed our new water filter canister. We had some difficulty with leakage to begin with, but Ken spotted the problem and solved it. Now we have a sediment filter followed by a charcoal filter CFBC-10 to remove chlorine taste and cysts. Now we won't have to wrestle with either a filter pitcher or a filter mounted on the kitchen faucet (which immediately sprang a leak).

Rosie stopped by to chat. She had walked down to the crafts room to work on her quilt, but forgot her locker key. One of the things she mentioned, as we were talking about Tom Clapham was that Tim had regularly teased Tom about driving an LGT. That's how some HDT drivers refer to drivers of one ton pickups (like us). LGT = "little girly truck." Hmmm--just like a guy to brag about how his is bigger 8-)

Hardy and Judy set out to pick me up for Darryl's C-1 dance, but when they got to the gate, Hardy had forgotten the gate code. And he had forgotten the phone, so they drove back home to call me. At that point it got really confusing. It was getting on toward dance time, so I told Judy I'd drive down and meet them. She thought I meant at our gate--I was thinking their gate. I got a call from Judy as I drove north in the dark: "Was that you I just passed?" We finally got it together and I left the truck at the Green Gate clubhouse.

We made it to the dance in time to visit for a while (whew). I'm dancing with Jean Ballinger for this dance, since Ken really doesn't want to go dancing more than four times a week. Jean and I danced together last spring while Ken was healing from his back surgery. Darryl called some interesting variations, but I'm still pretty shaky even with plain vanilla on some calls. Sometimes I know where I'm going, sometimes I get to the right place more or less by going with the flow, and sometimes I just muddle in the middle and hope someone will point or push me to the right place.

This afternoon we did the laundry in the south laundry room at the park. It's more convenient than going out. While I was in the laundry room, some repair people were looking at one of the washers. I overheard them telling a lady that all the machines in the north laundry room have been replaced with new higher efficiency ones--so we'll go there next time and see.

0 comments: