Sunday, April 10, 2011

Very Hot, Very Quiet Day

The high was in the 90's again, so we took our morning walk earlier, while it was still bearable outside. We talked with the folks at the gate kiosk about hiking and got a map of the hiking trails around Lake Georgetown, but we decided to wait until tomorrow when it will be cooler to hike. Today we just stayed inside. Ken watched the Masters Tournament, and from the exclamations found it exciting. We watched part of a Ken Burns Civil War documentary.

The highlight was the first episode of the new Upstairs Downstairs on Masterpiece Classic. I love Jean Marsh, who played Rose the parlor maid in the first series. She returns to 165 Eaton Street with a new family and new adventures in 1936. We're looking forward to the rest of the episodes.

I talked with Edward and Terri and Carol today. Terri and family went to the National Zoo today. Good thing the gov. didn't shut down!

I spent several hours creating a new user for myself in Windows 7. My original profile was corrupted somehow, and the password wouldn't work. I could get in, but only by swiping my fingerprint. After months of worrying that I soon might not be able to get in that way either, I finally decided to bite the bullet today. I hope I've got everything migrated to my new user.

0 comments: