Monday, April 18, 2011

Tax Day

Tax day was moved to April 18 this year because DC was celebrating Emancipation Day on April 15, so we got to keep our money a few more days. We filed electronically for the first time this year, so we were glad to see that everything went smoothly and the IRS deducted our payment from our checking account right on time. Glad to have that done for another year!

This afternoon I went to the dentist to be fitted for a night guard. Dr. Colangelo tells me that it will help protect my implants by keeping me from grinding my teeth at night. We'll see if I can sleep with the darn thing in my mouth.

After the dentist we went over to Ed and Julie's. Julie fixed her famous meat sauce with spaghetti squash (very yummy!), and Ken fixed the salads. Meanwhile I played Rummikub with Cate. We played on the desk in her room, which has a large smooth surface and worked out fine. Sam and Jesse played with balloons and frisbees and tried to play with the Rummikub tiles. We finished the game after dinner, with Ed advising Cate. Of course she won again. She's getting really good at finding plays.

We changed our minds and decided to go look at the New Horizons in Bandera tomorrow. Ginny convinced me that I might be able to make the kitchen space work, and many of the other features of the rig are very attractive to us. So we spent a lot of time today looking around online at any comparables and scrutinizing the photos and trying to figure out what we'd have to do if we decide to buy the rig (find a place to store it, buy a new truck and fit it out to tow, figure out what to do with Venture, etc., etc.)

0 comments: