Friday, April 29, 2011

Portland

I had a non-stop flight to Portland, which gave me time to rest a bit on the plane. Good thing, since we had plans to go to the Portland Art Museum tonight. I got to Chris's a bit later than planned. All went well until I missed getting off at the Stark St. bus stop where Chris and Annie were waiting for me. Chris ended up getting a ZIP car to pick me up.

I had an hour to get settled before we headed out to take a bus to the Art Museum, where we met Chris's friend Shawn. The collection is quite eclectic. We visited some an exhibition titled "Portland Collects" of pieces on loan or as gifts from local collectors first. We saw a number of contemporary pieces, including one titled "The Dishwasher," rather unnervingly lifelike.


We had limited time, since the museum closed at 8:00 p.m., so we still have lots to see on future visits.

The guest room accommodations in the basement at Chris's house are very cozy, with an electric heater to warm the place up a bit. I'm still operating on Texas time, so I went to bed a bit early.

0 comments: