Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!

The Easter Bunny couldn't hide the eggs outside last night because of the storm, but he managed to deliver plenty of candy. I ate my name egg for breakfast.

Julie and Sam and Jesse and I walked to the playground, where Sam fed some bread to the ducks and both boys enjoyed swinging. Ed and Cate weren't feeling so well so they stayed home to rest.


Kelley came bringing gifts for everyone. She brought me some Turtles--yum! Cate and Sam and Kelley and I watched a movie, Barbie, a Fairy Secret ("Do you want sparkles with that?")--all about the healing power of forgiveness and friendship (and consumerism and precocious sexuality, of course). Kelley and I each managed to nod off during parts of it.

Julie fixed a great dinner: fish with coconut curry sauce (for Kelley, herself, and me) and pasta with meatballs (for Ed and the kids). A storm was brewing, so Kelley and I left soon after dinner to drive home before the worst of it hit.

Ken drove from Apple Valley to Las Vegas, where he will spend the next few days visiting Jeff and Tiffinie. They were all on their way to a pool hall when Ken called to say goodnight.

Jeff working on his boat

Jeff and Tiffinie coloring Easter eggs (Jeff using a heat gun to shrink wrap decorations)

Dinner at an Italian restaurant

I installed a replacement sliding door catch on my closet door. I checked online to see what other people were saying about them and found that we're not alone in having problems. The plastic breaks easily, and the edges are sharp. Some people suggest just using dowels to hold the doors in transit and doing away with the catches.

0 comments: