Monday, April 25, 2011

Red Rock Canyon Adventures

Ken and Jeff headed out to explore the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area west of Las Vegas. Tiffinie had to work so she wasn't able to join them.

A Chuckwalla resting in a notch in the rocks of a visitor center display


Look closely--it's Jeff climbing the rocks

View from the Visitor Center

I had a much quieter day today. I took the truck over to Park Place to be checked out and have whatever maintenance and repairs it may be in need of. I got a spiffy Lexus SUV as a loaner car and headed to the dentist's office to pick up my new night guard. It snaps in and fits really well. Then I drove over to Ed and Julie's. Julie's parents, Martha and Jerry, had arrived from Florida. We had a good dinner of leftovers and played with the kids.

I stopped at Sprouts on the way home to pick up some salad stuff. When I turned on the television to watch the PBS NewsHour, I discovered that the storm had knocked over the Qube. It took me a few minutes to set it back up and get DirecTV working again. That's usually Ken's job, but I've watched him do it often enough. The only real loss was the Upstairs Downstairs episode from Sunday evening, but I scheduled a recording of a later showing, so all is well.

0 comments: