Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Lake Mead

Jeff took Ken and Tiffinie out on his boat on Lake Mead this afternoon. This was Ken's first time out on Jeff's boat. First they went to a restaurant at a different dock than the one they launched from and had sandwiches for lunch.

Then Jeff planned to show Ken the back of the dam from the water, but they ended up going a different direction and traveling for quite a bit longer than expected to get to the dam. The GPS on Ken's Droid turned out to be handy for steering them back to their dock. Jeff did some donuts in the water, and a good time was had by all.



The old water line on the cliffs of a section of Lake Mead called the Narrows



Tiffinie at the wheel of the boat



Tiffinie and Jeff



Roiling catfish and bass eager for french fries thrown by restaurant patrons




Today was pretty quiet in here Lewisville. I took my usual walks, but other than that stayed close to home. One project was defrosting the freezer and cleaning out and inventorying the fridge. I always try to leave Ken with some meals on tap when I'm out of town. Tomorrow I'll do some shopping to make sure he doesn't run out of good things to eat while I'm in Portland.

The weather today has been cool, but mainly calm. There's still some storm activity around, but it's lots less alarming than it has been the last few days. It looks like I'll need to take warmer clothes for Portland. Highs there are in the 50s instead of the 70s and 80s.


I did my manicure and pedicure to get ready for the trip. I turned on the TV to watch while I filed and ended up watching a PBS kids show on animals. Did you know that a pigeon can beat a Peregrine falcon in level flight?

The night guard was surprisingly comfortable last night. Now I just have to add wearing and caring for it to my routine. When I took it out, my bite did feel a bit strange for a few minutes, but I'm sure I'll get used to that.

0 comments: