Wednesday, February 24, 2010

That Darn Leak

We dried the area by the bed where we've had our leak thoroughly so we could test it. I started with a gentle sprinkle and was encouraged--so far, so good. Then a harder spray--still dry. Did we dare hope? I tried a hard shower, and this time the telltale wetness appeared in the corner. Damn! I called Mark, who agreed to stop by tomorrow afternoon to take a look.

Ken checked all the tires and topped off the ones that were low. I cleaned the end cap and started to wash the truck, but then decided to call Nick's RV Wash. We had seen them washing a truck in the park and asked how much they would charge to wash and wax it. They'll come tomorrow afternoon, and we'll have a shiny truck for just $20.
I fixed Pepper and Onion Roast with Soft Indian Spices, a recipe from the Weeknight Kitchen newsletter that sounded good. It involved red onion, bell peppers, and garbanzo beans, spiced, roasted, and served over rice with yogurt. I didn't have the tamarind concentrate called for in the recipe, so I had to substitute lime juice. The roast had a good flavor, but was somewhat dry, even with the yogurt topping. I'm not sure I'll make it again.

I have a new free application for the Droid that I love. It's called Evernote, and it's an amazing tool. I can make notes from web clippings, images, pdf's, text--practically anything. For example, I clipped the invoice from an order we placed today for a new water pressure regulator, filter, and hoses. It came out looking just like the original, and the formatting on the Droid is very good. I clipped the recipe for dinner tonight on my PC, and used my Droid to consult while making the recipe. I can tag entries to make them easier to find. The program has lots of capabilities I haven't had time to explore yet.

We played a couple of rounds of Rummikub, and Ken won both. We decided to start keeping score and keep a running tab. That may change the strategy a bit.

0 comments: