Friday, February 19, 2010

Medicare

Ken finally got through to talk to someone about Medicare, after trying a few times earlier in the week. Now someone from the Mission Social Security Office is supposed to call him next Tuesday afternoon to make an appointment. Progress!

Danced to Darryl this morning with Jean. I reminded Bob that he had agreed to dance with me tomorrow at the special Joe Saltel & Dan Nordbye A-2 dance in the afternoon. Unfortunately he had forgotten and asked Jean. She bowed out, but definitely wanted to attend the dance. We all tried to find her a partner, but nothing worked. I really felt bad about her being left out, but I understood that Bob has been very busy and just forgot the earlier plans. He did say that he is dancing with Jean regularly for the next few weeks, which is good.

It rained more this morning, but not enough to be a really good test of our bedroom slide leak repair.  We are afraid that it's still there. The carpet seems damp.  We tried to cut and pull up the little strip of carpet under the bed by the window as Steve had suggested, but I couldn't get it to come up, and Ken can't twist and maneuver to reach it, so we'll have to get some help.

We spent a little time again sorting photos. Later we played Rummikub again, and again were evenly matched--we each won one round. We enjoy Rummikub because it's a good mix of luck and skill, challenging enough to be brain exercise, but not too difficult.

I sent an email to the guy at RVWaterFilters about what we should order to connect a filter canister and regulator, so maybe we'll get an order placed soon. We'll be moving to another park, and it might have higher water pressure, so we picked up an inexpensive regulator at Walmart to use meanwhile.

I've been having computer problems again... I had to uninstall and reinstall Avast!, my antivirus program today, because it quit working correctly. I had to restart my computer three times before it would recognize the external hard drive we keep our photos on. Always something....

0 comments: