Friday, November 8, 2013

Yard Sales!

Today was the first day of the park-wide yard sales. I got up early to head out on my bike and find some treasures. I had great fun and actually did find a lot of stuff--including a few really nice things. I found two framed palm tree prints that will fit perfectly in the spaces we've been looking to fill since we got the Majestic eighteen months ago.

When I was done, I got Ken and the truck and we went around to collect the stuff that I hadn't been able to bring home on my bike, including a set of four light oak kitchen chairs with pads for the Texas room. One of my favorite finds was a luscious purple velvet long skirt. Judy had just been telling me that she was looking for a skirt to wear to the Dickens festival in Galveston.

Tonight we watched a DVD of The Bucket List. It's a series of cliches interrupted by impossibilities, but we both like Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson, so we managed to enjoy it anyhow.

0 comments: