Monday, November 19, 2012

Back to Dancing

This afternoon we danced at TVA to Darryl Lipscomb for the first time this season. We were happy to see many dancing friends we haven't seen since we left the RGV last spring. We had fun dancing as well as hugging and chatting with friends.

Judy brought our share of the sweet potatoes they stopped on the way down and bought in bulk. They look beautiful--just the size I like.


We watched the conclusion of Ken Burns' The Dust Bowl tonight. It's riveting history, because the whole story is told through the experiences and recollections of actual participants. They're getting older, so it's a good thing that the documentary was made now. I thought I knew about the Dust Bowl from my American history courses, but I didn't have any understanding of the geographic breadth and temporal extent of the drought and its impact on families. I didn't realize that children especially could suffocate and die in dust storms.

0 comments: