Sunday, June 3, 2012

Quiet Sunday

We had a quiet day today. The alarm went off at 8:00 a.m., but when I got up it had mysteriously become almost 9:00 a.m. By the time we ate our spinach quiches, showered, and cleaned up, it was nearly noon. We walked south along Newhope, past the 22 freeway overhead. The area we walked was mainly industrial along the highway, so we turned and walked through a residential neighborhood.

After our walk, we set out to find a solution to our problem of how to air up the inner duallys. We decided that a longer version of the dual head air chuck we've been using on the Silverado would probably work, so we started to call around to see if we could locate one. Frustratingly, we had no luck, so we decided to wait until tomorrow, when more service and parts departments would be open.

If we couldn't get an air chuck, we decided that at least we could wash the truck. We drove to the self serve car wash, only to find that Sunday afternoon is a very busy time at the car wash. Another thing to put off until tomorrow.

Ken was ready to kick back and watch Aliens (which he had recorded on the DVR). I needed to do some grocery shopping. While I was out, I visited the Big Lots on Katella Avenue that I used to shop at when we lived in Long Beach. I didn't find much, but I did score some nice organic green tea and a huge box of no sugar added hot chocolate envelopes (60 for $2.99). That should keep us for a while.

On our evening walk we stuck to the nearby residential area. Many of the homeowners are evidently avid gardeners. When I looked at the GPS and commented that we were walking only 2.7 miles per hour, Ken said, "Yeah, someone keeps stopping to look at the flowers!" Some of the roses were particularly impressive and beautiful.


Ken has set up our Samsung Blu-Ray player to stream Pandora. It's a mystery to me how it can do that, since we don't remember it asking for the key to our local wifi network.

1 comments:

Neil Laubenthal said...

I have a dual head filler about 8 inches I got from Amazon as well as a dual head air gauge about 12 inches long. Both work fine for the inner dualleys although I did need to roll the truck so the stems were on the side/top of the wheel instead of the bottom, it was too hard to get the filler on in that position.