Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Quiet Day

Not much happening today. We slept in until 9 a.m., walked around the park, watched the News Hour, listened to the train whistle, enjoyed the sunshine slanting through the trees, finally figured out where the "organic dump" is, had meatloaf and baked sweet potato and broccoli and salad for supper.

Tomorrow we'll head to our friends the Rowes house--just a hop, skip, and a jump from here. We are looking forward to seeing them after three years (three years???). Nanci is recovering from her recent back surgery, so we'll have to be careful hugging her.


The light under the sink burned out today. That gave us an opportunity to figure out how to remove the cover and get the bulb out. It's a really unusual bulb, so we're hoping we'll be able to find replacements. We did find it online, so we could always order some there. Meanwhile, I "borrowed" a bulb from the linen closet. I really need the light under the sink.

I used some heavy duty degreaser/cleaner on the road tar on the truck yesterday. It would have been better if I'd worn rubber gloves. The thumb and three of the fingers on my right hand are dried and shriveled--enough that my computer fingerprint reader refused to recognize them. Good thing I registered one of my left hand fingers too!

0 comments: