Sunday, July 31, 2011

Shopping

Today was another hot one. We were glad to get in our (air-conditioned) truck and head to Battle Creek, stopping first at Horrocks.

"HORROCKS" in topiary outside their garden center

I even enjoyed spending some time in the walk-in cooler room! We stopped at Lowe's and picked up a cabinet catch to replace one that succumbed to metal fatigue and at Walmart for a yoga mat and some weights. (You can tell I'm really gearing up to get exercising...). I'll be glad to have the mat tomorrow morning for the yoga session. It will be so much more confortable on my back than the towel I've been using.

Tonight most of the weekend visitors have decamped, leaving us with some real quiet. We played some pool at the clubhouse, and on our way home in the dark listened to the frogs and crickets.

We replaced the tube in my rear bike tire, hoping that somehow taking the wheel off and replacing it would straighten out whatever is causing the derailleur not to work. No luck, so I'll call Takoma Bike Shop when we get to DC. It's in Silver Springs and gets great reviews on Yelp.

0 comments: