Saturday, January 16, 2010

More C-1

I drove over to Green Gate Grove to Steve and Jan's place this morning and rode with them to La Hacienda for C-1 class. Today was the first "official" class for C-1, according to Darryl Lipscomb. The group just keeps getting larger every class--this time there were 31 couples, and an angel couple was called to make the 8 squares. I danced with Lila, who helps Decah at the door. Darryl is an excellent teacher. His explanations were clear and very helpful, and he offered directions and tips in digestible bits just as we were ready for them.

We went out to Camping World today to pick up a water pressure gauge. We wanted to put more pressure on the plumbing to be sure that we wouldn't have a leak. When we put the gauge in the line after our cheap plastic water pressure regulator, it showed only 35 lbs.--very wimpy. We tossed the regulator. Without the regulator, the gauge showed 50 lbs., which should be safe for RV plumbing, so we hooked up the water without a regulator. So far all is well--no leaks and we have good water pressure for the first time in months. Woohoo!

Ken and I have been taking regular walks around the park. Tonight the sky was clear enough to see the stars, so I got out my Droid and started the Google Sky program. It's a technological marvel--just hold it up to the sky in any direction and it shows the stars, planets, and constellations right where you're facing. Wow!




I had a butternut squash that's been in the basket for a while now, so I took it out planning to make soup, but then I decided to do something else this time. So I peeled the squash and cut it in 3/4" dice (very approximately). I roasted it drizzled with some olive oil. Then I put half in the fridge and kept the other half out to make Roasted Butternut Squash Salad with Warm Cider Vinaigrette (a Barefoot Contessa recipe that Terri introduced us to). I of course adapt the recipe a bit, using romaine instead of arugula and way more lettuce and less olive oil than the original, but it's still great. Here's a photo I found on a blog:



0 comments: