Saturday, January 30, 2010

Lazy Day

We picked up Jan and Steve and went to Darryl's C-1 class this morning at La Hacienda. People had brought more items for the rummage sale, so I got to shop again. This time I bought a cute but rather colorful knit top with jacket and belt to match. When I put on the jacket and belt, Ken asked, "So, what instrument do you play?" That led to laughter all around, of course.

We learned two new calls today, Alter the Wave and Twist the Line, as well as reviewing some of the ones we've already had. The new calls seemed relatively easy, but just the sheer number of new calls and concepts is a bit overwhelming at times--still great fun.

That was all the excitement we could handle for the day. We came home, at lunch, and napped all afternoon. Ken was feeling a bit under the weather, maybe from allergies, and I'm still battling the upper respiratory thing. We got up in time to fix supper.

This evening we watched the remaining episode of Cranford, which ended in a satisfying happy ending for all concerned, after some crises and tears and misunderstandings--good soap opera stuff. Then Ken agreed to give me a chance to even the score at Rummikub. He won three rounds the last time we played, and fittingly I won three tonight.
Tomorrow I need to pack and plan meals for Ken while I'm away. Then I'll be ready for the trip Monday morning.

0 comments: