Saturday, January 23, 2010

Happy Birthday, Kelley!

Today is my oldest grandchild's 22nd birthday, and it seems likely that the new baby will be born on Monday, if not before. Quite a spread, especially considering that all my kids were born in a span of just over two years.

We picked up Steve and Jan this morning and headed to La Hacienda for our C-1 lesson. We arrived a bit early, and right nearby was a garage sale, so Jan and I headed over to check it out. I found a few good books. Then we went to the hall, and the neighborhood was having a rummage sale, so in between tips we got to browse through the "stuff." Lots of it was easy to resist, but I did pick up a cute jacket that Doris suggested. I also found a very nice WWF (World Wildlife Fund) umbrella--just what I needed to replace the Totes I lost. And to round off the booty, a book about Howard Hughes' life and madness sounded like an interesting read.

We reviewed lots of calls, and today we added a few, like Scoot and Little and Wheel Fan Through. These are calls we've heard frequently, especially during the C-1 tips at Trailblazers. They've always seemed rather mysterious, but once you know the definition, many C calls are actually quite easy. I find myself saying, "Oh! That's how that call goes..." Of course I also find myself going blank when I hear a new call. I think it will be a while before I have Scoot and Little sorted out from Scoot and Ramble.
Ken did okay at the dance, except that the first tip was called a bit faster than he was ready for. It's hard to remember how recent his surgery was, since he seems so normal. He was even sitting in his recliner tonight, for the first time in a while. When he first got home from the hospital, it was too difficult and painful to get up from such a low seat.

Aunt Iris called this evening. She sounded good, and I was glad to hear that she had taken the old lady home that she had been taking care of.  Beth said the lady liked it at Iris's--and what's not to like, since Iris was waiting on her hand and foot! Iris also reported that both Beth and Uncle Jesse have sinus infections--sounds like they're going around--and Aunt Essie has been quite ill with severe coughing. Iris suspects lung cancer, even though Essie has never smoked.

0 comments: