Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dancing with Jean

This morning I finally got to dance with Jean Ballinger, at Joe Saltel's. I danced the boy's part, and we agreed to switch off for Darryl's dance Friday. Everything went pretty well. I made a couple of fumbles, but nothing horrendous, and the hot hash tip at the end was great. One of the other ladies commented that the hot hash tip makes the dance--to which all of us agreed. It was exhilarating.

When I got home, I found that Ken was not feeling too well again. He called the doctor's office and was told that it is very common for people to suffer from constipation after the anesthetic wears off and that they recommend any over the counter laxative. Fortunately he felt better later in the day, and we went for a couple of walks together. On the first we came upon the produce sale opening up early. I picked up several things, including a nice bunch of spinach. So we had spinach lasagna rolls for dinner. The secret ingredient is tofu in place of the usual ricotta. They were good, but next time I will put them in the oven to bake instead of in a skillet.




Ken mailed in his application for pension from the Board of Pensions of the Presbyterian Church. It won't be a lot, since he was only in the ministry three years, but every little bit helps. He'll be 65 on May 14, so he'll be applying for Medicare soon too.

0 comments: