Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sick Day

I spent most of the day today on the couch, reading, doing sudokus, watching TV, or resting. In the morning I did not have a fever, but it was back in the evening. I'm reading The Ancestor's Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Evolution by Richard Dawkins, a 600+ page book. I started it in Portland, but didn't get very far, and was glad to find it again at the library here. Maybe I'll get further this time.

Ken has been reading a biography of John Adams by David McCullough, which he finds especially interesting since we recently visited his birth home, his later home, and his library and other historic places in Boston.

We watched a Nature episode on the black mamba. It was especially interesting to see the snakes being anesthetized to have surgery to implant radio transmitters.

0 comments: