Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Droid Case

Ken's family has a tradition of making anise cutout cookies for Christmas, decorated with colored icing. Gord's wife Jan sent some to us for Christmas for a few years, and one year she included the recipe. Ken copied it, and this year he pulled it out, planning to finally actually make some of the famous Marks Family Cookies. The recipe seemed incomplete without sugar, so Ken called his sister Romaine to see if she had a copy. She didn't, but she suggested contacting Shellie, Gord's daughter. She's on Facebook, so I sent her a message and she came right back with the recipe and said she it wouldn't be Christmas without the family cookies. So now we have a shopping list for cookie ingredients.

The highlight today was the arrival of the new Droid shell holster combo case I had ordered from Verizon. It's a rigid plastic case that fits around the Droid to protect it and a belt holster it slides into. The holster has a swivel clip so I can wear it vertical or horizontal. So far I love it.


We took the electric blanket back to Macy's, since the one Ed and Julie gave us worked just fine. The whole mall is definitely into Christmas mode.

I finished my shoe holder and it looks like it's going to fit along the base of the bed just fine. Now I just have to sew some velcro on it to hold it in place. I also shortened the center strap for the bicycle bag, so I hope now it will fit correctly.

0 comments: