Saturday, November 7, 2009

Not a Great Day

The morning started out okay, except that I seemed to feel tired out from breakfast and a shower--never a good sign. As the day wore on, I felt worse and worse and finally took my temp. It was elevated, so I took an aspirin. A couple of hours later, it was 101, so I decided I am officially sick (but hoping that I don't have a serious case of the flu). We called all around over the last few weeks, looking for flu shots, but there have been none available.

On the other hand, for Ken it's a red letter day. He ordered our Droids online to be sent to Carol's house, so we'll probably have them in hand next Thursday. As a partial offset, we suspended out Hughesnet internet service for 6 months. We won't be out in the boonies during that time--in fact, we'll spend most of it in the RGV. At Bentsen Palm we can get a cable modem and have highspeed service, and other than that we'll be in EVDO territory, so the Verizon broadband modem will work fine--and hopefully the Droids will too.

We are trying to get some of our routine maintenance done. Today, Ken drained and flushed the hot water heater.

0 comments: