Saturday, August 2, 2014

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

One of the highlights of our day today was a trip downtown to the Portland Museum of Art for a showing of Who Framed Roger Rabbit? I saw it years ago, in 1988, when it first came out. When Chris proposed attending this showing, presented by the Northwest Film Center, it sounded interesting, a chance to revisit a more primitive past.

So this afternoon Chris and Anara and Ken and I drove downtown to the museum. The film actually impressed me with its technical excellence, and the the story certainly engaged all of us, despite the "toon" atmosphere, which invites the viewer to laugh and take repeated disaster lightly.

On the way home we stopped at Fred Meyer's to pick up some things for a soup and salad supper with a nice loaf of sourdough. Afterwards we took a walk around the neighborhood, with Chris pointing out some of the artsy and historic character of many of the buildings.

Earlier in the day I asked Chris to help me with my iPad, which has been refusing to install or update any apps. The first thing he did was download the latest operating system. Fortunately he has a great Internet network. Whether the update or the great connection was responsible, my iPad was cured! Yay!

[photos later]

0 comments: