Thursday, April 3, 2014

Playing Around

We had a quiet day today--at least as quiet as is possible with three high energy kids. This morning we walked to the neighborhood playground with kids and dogs. Some other kids also on spring break showed up, and Cate and Sam mixed it up with them. Jesse, on the other hand, pursued his botanical studies, bringing various leaves to his parents for examination.

This afternoon Ed and Julie and Jesse and I went for a walk with the dogs. Cate, who will soon be ten, was very proud to be left in charge of her brother Sam. I watched Ed and Sam and Jesse playing Trouble, a Sorry type game, but with much improved board design. The pieces are plastic pegs that fit in plastic slots, and the die is enclosed in a plastic bubble that is depressed to cause it to pop up. Much safer and easier for younger players.

Later Cate and Ed and I played Ticket to Ride USA 1910. I haven't played that version before, but it worked out very well for me, since I got the 15 bonus points for being a "GlobeTrotter" (which means completing the most trips). That put my score just over Ed's--definitely beginner's luck.

0 comments: