Sunday, April 6, 2014

ATL/DFW and Visitors

This was my final morning visiting Atlanta. Cate and Sam and I managed to fit in two more games of Ten Days in the Americas (with Ed coaching both Sam and me). Then Ed and the kids drove me to the Atlanta airport for my flight back to Dallas.

It wasn't the easiest flight ever. Every seat was filled, the flight was delayed, and the weather was rough all the way. The seat-belt sign was never turned off. Seats on American have been getting closer together, and now even more so. I think they've squeezed the standard coach seats closer together to make room for some extra inches for the "premium seats" (for which they charge extra, of course). The guy in the seat in front of me immediately reclined his seat all the way. The final effect is quite claustrophobic.

However, we did land safely in Dallas, finally. It was good to see Ken after a week away. On the way home we stopped at Kroger's to pick up food for tonight's visitors. Kelley and Will came over for dinner. They've been dating for quite a while now, but this was our first chance to meet him. He's an ex-Marine and in management at My Fit Foods, which is where Kelley met him. We had a very good visit, but somehow I forgot to take any photos. Darn!

0 comments: