Friday, February 3, 2012

Getting Closer

We expected today to be able to give final approval to the drawings and order for our new Majestic. We did get close, but there are always more issues. Now Phil is talking about moving the generator out of the front compartment to give more cargo space. It will ride back under the coach by the rear axles. They're done this for two or three people now, and it seems to work well. It will actually improve the balance by moving the heavy generator over the axles instead of near the kingpin. We should get new drawings on Monday incorporating this and a few other changes. Once we approve everything, our build can begin. We're hoping to get it all wrapped up Monday, since Phil and Karen will be heading west with the show model on Tuesday.

We spent some more time today with Gary and Judy, and as usual Judy pointed out some important issues to consider with window sizing and outlet placement. We are really benefiting from their experience.

Tonight Ken had to run the little propane tank up to Pony Express to be refilled. We grilled chicken breast for dinner, and it turned out delicious. I'm a bit reluctant to use the grill just because it's such a bear to clean, but the flavor is worth it.

Life must be really stressful! I just realized that I missed blogging the last two days and hadn't even been aware of it. I'm usually very conscientious about keeping up with the blog, and if I miss a day, I usually get back to it the next day. Now I'll have to try to remember what happened on Wednesday and Thursday. I'm lucky if I remember today!

0 comments: