Saturday, February 4, 2012

Changing Weather

When we took our morning walk along the levee, it was a very warm, muggy 76 degrees. Now it's 58 degrees and not likely to be much warmer for several days--and the weather forecast icons are uniformly gloomy, with precipitation likely for the whole week.

I finally got around to defrosting the freezer. I've been working at reducing the amount of food I keep on hand, which definitely makes it easier to empty the freezer. Now there's even more room, since I removed some large chunks of ice. Not my favorite part of the RV lifestyle!

We're continuing to check out potential items for the new coach, ones that will help us organize, reduce clutter, and still keep the things we use often close at hand.

One item that Judy recommended is a foldable step stool from  World Market. I ordered two, one for inside and one for outside. They are the handiest, most compact, easiest to open and close stools I've ever seen. Unlike similar shaped ones at Camping World, these are 13" high, which is enough to get me to our highest shelves now. We'll see how things go in the new coach, which is much taller.

0 comments: